Horse riders of all levels can benefit from lunge lessons. A lunge
lesson is a safe way to introduce the beginner to the art of horse riding, They
help to improve posture, balance, rhythm and will highlight problem area's and
points of weakness. Even our most
experienced horse riders use lunge lessons as a way to perfect their skills. We
have to admit that they do offer us a lot of benefits.
• Learn to balance and follow your horses’ movement in walk,
sitting and rising trot.
• Learn to maintain “position right” and “position left”, in
order to remain upright and straight on the circle.
• Learn to develop feel for the horse swinging through his
• Learn to feel the horses’ rhythm and how to use your
momentum to maintain regularity in the rhythm.
• Learn how to use your body to ride resistant free
• Learn how to regulate your breathing to promote relaxation
in your horse and to maintain you’re “down connection.”
The instructor maintains contact and control of the horse
via a lunge line at all times. Confident rising and sitting trot must be
reached before the client rides independent off the lunge.
A client enjoying a Lunge lesson in one of our onsite arenas